Monday, July 30, 2007

Week 8, Thing 18

I set up Zoho account. I created a test document, then tried to publish it to my blog. I couldn't find the document on my blog at first. I finally realized that it was listed as a draft among all of my posts, so I had to actually go in and click on "publish post". It appeared below this post.Anyhow, I enjoyed exploring Zoho. I think that it is wonderful that you have access to free software which enables you to create a spreadsheet (Zoho Sheet), powerpoint (Zoho Show), or word document (Zoho Writer), without having to download the software. I also like the fact that you don't have to worry about different software versions or file types. I have Microsoft Office Word 2007 and every time I create a document at home, I have to remember to save it as a Word 97-2003 document so that I can edit it at work and open it as an email attachment at work. I didn't get a chance to explore Google Docs, but would like to come back to that when time allows!

No comments: