Monday, August 13, 2007

Week 9, Thing 23 Summary

Well, this is it, the 23rd thing! I have learned so much by completing "23 Things". I did not consider myself a very "techie" person, but this course has definitly expanded my knowledge of 2.0 technologies. I liked the fact that it was self-paced. This was important to me due to the fact that the summer is a busy time at the library and many staff take vacations. I did become slightly frustrated with having to come up with so many passwords for the different accounts that I set up, but I learned to live with it. I really enjoyed and had fun creating and posting to my blog, using FD Toys in Flickr fun, creating my avatar, and exploring Youtube. I really found LibraryThing to be user friendly and easy to use. One of the greatest discoveries for me was the online productivity tool, Zoho. I have shared this discovery with my family in case they find themselves in a situation where they need to create and save a document, but have forgotten their thumbdrive or do not have the correct software on the computer they are using. I also liked the fact that I was not in this alone! I could rely on the assistance of a co-worker when needed. I think that "23 Things" definitly brought home for me, the message of the importance for the future of libraries to adapt to the trends that our customers are using. It provided library staff with many ideas and examples of how to promote and provide library services through the web. I would definitly participate in another discovery program such as this. There is ALWAYS something to learn!

2 comments:

Gail Griffith said...

You definitely got the point of the 23 Things!! And I hope you will enjoy downloading an audiobook to your MP3 player soon!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.